Tuesday, April 24, 2007

ear mites run amuk

Today, as with many days, I was faced with my ever present adversary 'the ear mite" (most often found in the ears of cats). The ear mite is practically microscopic and is a somewhat spider like creature, capable of creating much havoc in your pets ears. I am extremely adept in visually picking them out through an otoscope but not so with many of my co-workers and when Dr. P went with her swaps to the microscope to pin the little buggers down I whiled my time by musing through the cats ears with an otoscope ( a device for looking in ears) Well, as I viewed the tiny bodies milling about in' Phreds' ears I told the Dr. not to worry, I had spotted them ! , still looking at her slide she exclaimed that she could not see any signs of mites and did not believe me. I exclaimed "wait I think they are waving and.. yes some of them are moving into the light for a photo opp." at that moment Dr. P also discovered some strayson her slide. She chuckled; as she walked by I looked closer into 'Phreds' ears, what was this... they were holding up a... banner? Utah State Rocks!

1 comment:

steve said...

I didn't know ear mites were fans of the Aggies